Looking for a quick meal that’s under 15 minutes and packs a nutritional punch? Try quinoa fried rice! It’s a delicious and super adaptable recipe for those wanting a healthy dose of protein. Enjoy! XO, Chef Janelle P.
QUINOA FRIED RICE
Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
• 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil or coconut oil
• 1 small onions diced
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 2 cups of cooked quinoa
• 3 carrots grated
• ¾ red pepper diced
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups of broccoli
• Tamari sauce or soy sauce
• Scallions (optional)
• Protein (optional)
• Black pepper
• Sautee pan
• Whisk or spatula
• Serving spoon
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add eggs, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove scrambled egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
3. Add an additional 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat add onions, salt and sweat.
4. After onions are translucent add garlic for a minute and add quinoa.
5. Sautee for about 5 minutes add tamari or soy sauce, carrots and broccoli and red pepper are soft.
6. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice.
7. Add in the eggs, scallions, stir and remove from heat.